Thoughts this Thursday

15:27 Starter Fashionista Ma' 3 Comments

Good day my beautiful,super and absolutely wonderful starterFASHIONISTMA' mammies.

Quite a busy week this week so haven't posted much but I just had to post my Thoughts this Thursday  (T3- also know as three cubed) because this wisdom and thot has been popping in my head the whole week, non-stop so I figure God really wants me to share this with someone else out there,else well as to engrave it in my mind as well.

INVEST IN THINGS OF FUTURE VALUE (True value)!!!

I ,as I m sure other mammies do, am always tempted to buy things that bring joy  to me now. Luxuries , wants, things u can do without but although it will make u happy and sometimes even prettier now ,IS IT REALLY WORTH IT????




(Picture credit: gallery4share.com)

Although I am a firm believer in  looking after ones self and spoiling yourself at times (let's be honest if u work hard you deserve a little 'me' money )  but us as mammies and also daughters of the most High God should invest in things of future value , as much if not more than our daily human wants and luxuries.

I like looking online for the latest trends, beauty tips ,fashion etc and while I am sometimes doing this(especially this week) I hear a still voice asking me; "have you invested in a future for your kids ?" and sometimes  even ;" have you changed someone's life for good or blessed someone else lately?"Then I'll remember that its not all about the now and all about me either. Even though we living in a self-centred society and world nowadays ,we shouldn't conform! How about instead of another LV bag or Valentino shoes bless someone else with food to eat or even save those thousands for your babies future. Don't get me wrong I am not saying you shouldn't spoil yourself but can we also focus on investing on things of future value?


This thought like I said initially has being playing in my head like a broken record , so I 'm thinking God is asking me do some self reflection and I'm challenging you to do the same. As much as we share our latest style trends, beauty secrets here on this blog - I also believe in beauty that is inside and out.If your beautiful and right on the inside ,it will reflect outside as well. Its not just a clinche, I promise. God will bless you much more as you extend your hand to change some else's life.

I can go on and on convincing you what you should do with your money and life but I 'll just leave you with this homework for the weekend (especially it being pay day for some of us).

Step 1:
Next time you see the latest bag/shoe or watever item you "must have" ,before buying it please think how much good you would do if you save half of it towards your children's future and took another half and made a meal for a family that starving (they all around us if you open your eyes)? I am not referring to something you need so this homework only applies if you about to buy a luxury.

Step 2:
Next part of the homework step away from the item and do just that ( Step1)

Step 3:
How do you feel know you invested in something of future value ? Felt great right!!!

Lets do it ladies, change a life and change the future-Invest in things of true value!

We can do it and we would be wiser to do so...



3 comments:

  1. That's a message right there. this week my husband was telling me that if we could stop focusing on "me me me" and think about other people's problems our problems will seem lighter and we will feel good after helping others

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a message right there. this week my husband was telling me that if we could stop focusing on "me me me" and think about other people's problems our problems will seem lighter and we will feel good after helping others

    ReplyDelete