Our first ever MOMMY MONDAY feature!!!!

09:10 Starter Fashionista Ma' 0 Comments


Our first ever MOMMY MONDAY feature!!!!



As promised my finished KIM K highlighting and contouring look with the products I bought last Thursday. I was so proud of my make up its now FB ,Wassapp and I think Instagram profile pic. What do you guys think. Yay or Nay???



SO this Mommy Monday after a weekend lazying about with the family and indulging in a lot of unhealthy winter treats (soup and coffee and cakes), I decided to go back to gym. I love winter so much :staying indoors and the coats,layering and just winter fashion in general. But fact is, winter is not gonna be around for much longer. And I don't wanna be depressed and sad when people are looking hot and sexy in summer so I gotta work now for results and change. Yes its true and I know SUMMER BODIES ARE MADE IN WINTER!

I don't know bout you but I was not blessed with great body genes and I'm still struggling with baby weight especially since my pregnancies were so close to each other. 8  months apart to be exact. So although I would like to be a size 32 with abs and all, I doubt it will happen especially before September so I am aiming of loosing 8 kgs in this short 1 and half months ( Pray with me yall!) I know it won't be easy but we must try at least. So I've decided to exercise every Monday , Wednesday and some Fridays. I am also going back to a very minimal carb, veggie and fruit and protein diet. I tried it early in June and after just two weeks was seeing some improvement.

I KNOW ITS GONNA BE TUFF AND HARD WORK but I'm thinking about how depressed I'm gonna be come summer and I'm still big and I will use this to keep me motivated. I'm so serious this time round that I'm sharing my before pic with you guys. This will help me be more accountable since people will be involved in my journey this time round. I was an  avid yo-yo dieter and into fab diets growing up and I am also big on quick and easy results but working on doing it right this time. Also having this blog has made feel more focused and inspired to work harder on looking better.Fad diets I also believe are the reason I struggle a bit more loosing weight now and have a lack of consistency ...so here it goes my before pic . I will post another on this same date in August (13 August)and my last one in September the same date as well...hopefully there will be change. THE PRESSURE!!!              



 ( It was very difficult for me to share this pic especially with my tummy showing which I'm very self -conscious about....Feeling very vulnerable hence the shy smile)



To end of this Mommy Monday feature I would like to dispel the myth we as African woman were conned into believing growing up ;that its ok to be big after having kids cause o mosadi. You know how being fit and African bodies were equivalent to being overly voluptuous I  really don't think it still stands in this beauty conscious and driven society today especially for us  young mothers. If anything I believe that we are better mothers when we take care of ourselves. We make better role models to our kids especially daughters, we show our husbands that we care about their needs (its a fact men are very eye-sight driven creatures) and  also we also live longer and healthier. I really worry bout my toddlers Rethabile's eating habits and I believe they stem from me and if I make a change she will also have a healthier and better experience growing up.


This is not vanity driven its about a healthy ,happier and in turn prettier me. When you healthier, you look good and when you look good,you feel good and you carry yourself even better. Mommy's we deserve to be yummy mummys as african's as well.Obesity is common among our race and with it comes horrible dieseases and premature deaths. I don't know about you but I wanna be there when my daughters' graduate and get married (if Jesus has no returned yet that is).

Lets do it for us , our families and future generations. 

Here's to not only my gyming and dieting but here's to all of us being healthier and better yummy mommies!!!               


P.S. For extra inspiration and motivation please Google Bikini Body Mommy.         ( View link in my blog lists below)
                            

0 comments: