FRIDAY FUN-CRAZY BOUT NAIL ART

12:31 Starter Fashionista Ma' 0 Comments

Happy Friday to all you fabulous mammies!!!


A humble request before I type this post to please comment and provide feed back on posts so I know whether you enjoying the blog as much as I am. Pretty please!


SO anyway this Friday its all about nail art!!!

I used to be a boring , plain Jane when it came to my nails but have recently been bitten by the nail art bug.OUCH!lol. I'm so in love with nail art that I feel naked when I have a plain french manicure or even just one colour gellish. Its getting worse and worse that I now even when I put on my own nail polish at home, JUST HAVE TO HAVE A BIT OF ART!Whether it be  (mostly) glitter or just different colours....I need art on my nails.


I believe nail art gives your nails personality and you can also have art according to your mood. Here are few pics on my nail art journey thus far...(they both professionally done with gellish and abit of acrylic for extra strength)





                                                




















My nails are currently however so brittle because for the past two months its just been product on my nails and obviously its making the nail bed a bit weaker . So I've decided to go on a nail break (its very difficult I tell you), like I also do with my skin and hair when I feel its getting a bit damaged due make up everyday or weaves weakening my hairline. I usually take a break and let the skin/hair breathe and restore a bit. So I'm also going to be doing my own nails and nail art for the next two weeks or so .


My first DIY nail art attempt:


                                                                         

As I'm sure you also know by now, I'm such a You Tube tutorial addict. I been looking for cute DIY nail art to try next,something a bit different and nice so I took to You Tube for ideas. And they are really great ideas there  but the one that really caught my eye was the newspaper nails. Here's a link of one the tutorials I saw :

NEWSPAPER NAIL ART


I thought I just had to try these nails cause I haven't seen them on anyone I know so far and also cause you don't need that many tools to do the nails.All u need is : Alcohol/Water; A light base nail polish of your choice not only limited to white and a newspaper (cut into ten strips for each nail) and a top base nail polish of your choice.


Since this whole nail "break" is to try restore my nails I will be using VERIMARK's PINK armour gel  coat as my top base and also Sally Hansen's Triple Strength nail polish as my base coat.

My first attempt didn't go well( Not gonna even include pic).I had a  dark nail polish ,I think, so the newspaper print wasn't showing so I had to redo my nails. Just to spice it up will share pics of finished looked on my INSTAGRAM account only . Please click on the link below to see;-)

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM



So ladies what you think of nail art? 
Do you do your own nails at home or at a salon generally (kindly share nail artist dits as well  so we can check em out)? 
Lastly can  I stick to doing own nails although its gonna be every week or go back to professionals....lol...be honest!



P.S. Looking forward to my finished nails
P.S.S. Looking forward to the weekend and
P.S.S.S.Looking forward to your comments





0 comments: