LELOS FIRST BIRTHDAY COUNT DOWN!!! Mommy tips on planning a nice but budget friendly party

14:13 Starter Fashionista Ma' 1 Comments


HELLO TO ALL MY STARTER MUMMIES

A whole week without posting .....can't believe it! FEEL LIKE I 'VE FAILED YALL BUT SOOOOOO BUSY!

My boss was on maternity leave and she's now back full force so Mahlaku is once again a very busy PA. And my youngest is turning 1 as well this week so party planning is now also in the mix for the past week and this week but I'm very happy with how things are coming along. On top of it all God blessed me with extra money so I can give my little Lelo a worthwhile while party (lol....not that she'll remeber much) BUT I'M HAPPY!!!

Five more days and still alot to do. I'll post lots of pics the party when I'm done then you can rate my party planning skills....neh.

Before I get into my 1ST PARTY PLANNING TIPS below...Here's a very late pic of my 2ND traditional "wedding" outfit as promised. What you think.....lol....BE HONEST. (Sorry I don't have a full length pic).By the grace of God the whole affair went well and I'm so glad its over!!!

Back to Lelo-Bear 1st Birthday!!!


The party is a combined birthday for both my lil princess and my nephew who turned 8 on Sunday 23 August 2015. The theme will be Soccer Balls and Teddy bears(fun right!) but for the purpose of the blog will be focusing on the Teddy Bear side i.e. My daughter Kgalalelo"Lelo" 1ST BDAY!

STARTER FASHIONISTA MA'S PARTY PLANNING TIPS

TIP 1- Choose a theme 

I wanted to choose a theme relevant to my baby and not to just go for a generic theme. Although it was struggle getting teddy bear themed party deco and supplies: I call her Lelo-Bear cause she is as sweet as a bear ,I swear I think she is the sweetest if not top 10 sweetest babies in the world-so calm ,so I went for the teddy bear theme ! I knew it would be difficult to get supplies so I started research a month in advance so when I saw it was possible I went online and prepared the invite and started planning the party accordingly.
(A PIC OF THE INVITE WHICH IS ACTUALLY A BUNNY DISGUISED AS TEDDY BEAR IS AVAILABLE ON MY PREVIOUS POST )LELO INVITE


TIP 2- DIY 

This is a one year old's birthday and to be honest there is no need to be too extravagant so keep it simple. Do all the things you can you self that's why I'm planning and also gonna decorate and cook for the party myself. I used a party planner last for my eldest daughter Rere's 1st birthday but I'm older and wiser now. lol!Not only is it more budget friendly but it also makes the party come from the heart. Its all u and ur love expressed to your baby. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying make all the decor from scratch and not ask for help from family at all but put urself , your creative juices and all of you in creating a memorable day for your little one.


TIP 3-  Create a checklist

A basic element necessary for planning any event/thing. It will ensure all the plans and aspects of the party are covered. Here's my little checklist just to make sure all stays on track

ITEM
SUPPLIER
DATE COMPLETE
1.Choose theme plus budget
SEE INTERNET FOR IDEAS
20/07/2015
2. Choose venue
MC MOOS Farmyard
16/08/2015
3. Send invites
Greenevelop.com
31/08/2015
4. Order cake
Nick Thomsett
21/08/2015
5. Get babies party outfits
Anywhere
23/08/2015
6. Pay for all party supplies even those ordered online
My Party Supplies
China Mall Johannesburg
Big Time Sweets (City Deep)
24/08/2015
7. Collections and all payments made

28/08/2015
8. Buy Food
Anywhere
28/08/2015
9. Prepare food

29/08/2015 (Morning)
10. Decorate and prepare party venue

29/08/2015 (1:30pm)
11. PARTY!!!




TIP 4-  Prepare

Prepare you deco plans (if u DIYing) and menus/foods you gonna serve for the kids and adults. For this you need to check with all those who have RSVP and confirm final numbers. You also need to advice the venue (if u using one) of your final numbers.
The venue I'm using is Mc Moos .Please check them out as an option for your next party. (Will give service feed back on my post with party pics next week.)http://www.mcmoos.co.za/


TIP 5 - Final details

Do all final payments , collections and finalize all the final details . Then you ready to party!!!

BONUS TIP- If you can have a combined birthday ,it half all the costs and you can enjoy double the fun!



Here a few items that I'll be using for the party:

The cake is gonna look like this but with a few details
Some of the party supplies as well as some in plain pink



CAN'T WAIT FOR THE PARTY NOW!5 more days to go!! Hope it all comes together as lovely  I'm imaging it will be!!!

1 comment: